Pages

[2/5] Settling in


    "Sometimes, when you go to new country, you need to survive." Hearing these words upon entering Malaysia enlightened me. But nature was one step ahead.

      New to the dorm, and to living alone, I had to find the necessities. A basketball court. And thankfully, my human roommate helped me find it, and some other random places, like a place to eat and a market. However, to reach those places, I had to go through a certain giant, red, termite-looking, giant ant infested door.

#nofilter

     Given the termite ants, I never used this door until recently, cause they gone now. So instead I would climb over the fence which is 2 minutes away from here. I had a big-brain moment where I tried to climb it with my phone in hand, which now has war scars. 

     After weeks of anticipation, I bought a basketball and the next day I went to the court. Playing basketball for the first time since coming to Malaysia, I was hyped. I was ready. No one else was as ready as me, since there was no one else. 


     As sad as it sounds, playing alone in basketball isn't the worst thing. Nature striking comes first. Which is exactly what happened. After a while of taking bad shots, I missed one so bad that I straight up got robbed. Here's the evidence:

Its deeper than it looks.


     Missing the new student orientation event thing, which I didn't know it existed at the time, I didn't really meet anyone other than my human roommate. Plus the daily cold showers, spicy food everywhere and insects in every corner,
 I hated Malaysia.



No comments:

Post a Comment